Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Joyful Goodbye

The suitcases are open on the floor and we have spent as many of our remaining B's as we can. Today has been a day of saying goodbye to those who have helped us so much during our time. I(Leslie) was able to do the Evantell training with Patricia and her director of client services Cynthia. It was like Christmas when Cynthia and I unpacked the 80 pound suitcase at Centro de Vida.
Our time here has been so fruitful. We have been touched people in so many walks of life, from street kids to missionary kids. The level of hospitality we have experienced and the welcome we felt has made Bolivia feel like a second home.
Pray that God will guide us when to return. There is a great deal of interest for us to return possibly over Spring Break and do a more comprehensive program at the Santa Cruz Christian Learning Center.
Thank you for your support and your prayers. We have never felt in any physical danger. God has guarded our health and gone before us in situations we have been apprehensive about. We serve a great and mighty God who is the same in Bolivia as he is in the USA.
Be in prayer for us as we go through customs and immigration in Santa Cruz and Miami. Tomorrow will be another long travel day.
Via con Dios

3 comments:

NOBODY said...

I saw Patricia Banegas last night in Milan (Ohio). She spoke about her group at a "Abigail Pregnancy Services" banquet. Abigail was one of the groups that, I believe, helped her, together with Life International. Since I am Brazilian, I decided to try to get this kind of group organized in Brazil. Wish me luck and pray for success!

Virginia Knowles said...

I love this blog!
I stumbled on it by mistyping "visa" as "vida" along with the word "Bolivia" on Google. My 19 year old daughter Julia is hoping to go to the YWAM school in Santa Cruz in February but can only find info on 30 day visas. She has already been to Bolivia twice for two weeks each on mission trips to Entre Rios. Any info on that or anything else you may know about YWAM in Santa Cruz? (BTW, she is also active in pro-life ministry here in Orlando.) Please e-mail me at hopechestnews@embarqmail.com. Blessings, Virginia Knowles
www.VirginiaKnowles.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I have the amazing opportunity to visit cristo vienne in less than two weeks for a missions trip. I really enjoyed finding your blog and hearing about your time in Bolivia. I had never heard of any other groups taking trips to the same places I will be working! May God bless you in your future work, whether it be in Bolivia or not. :)